Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lady 4

After a false alarm this morning, it occurs to me that I really haven't posted anything in regards to the lump.  I'm sure it's a combination of factors, but I think my elder brother is right about middle children getting the short end of the stick.  This statement does, of course, presume that there will be a third child, however that seems to be a safe assumption.

Perhaps the biggest contributing factor to my unfortunate lack of prenatal attention is that the beloved has been doing so much better this time around.  With the lack of gestational diabetes comes a lack of biweekly ultrasounds.  Due to that, we have no idea at all what the newest addition to our family will look like.

Well, we do know she has hair, and will therefore be abnormally cute.  Although after today, there isn't a guarantee that there will not be a labor-squished head, which would cut down on the cuteness.

I guess fatherhood is one of those many experiences in life that one just gets used to.  Sad, but true.  It brings to mind the first time I got to use "Stat!"  My fellow student and I agreed it was kind of neat...until day three or so.

On the other hand, there are still times when I see the lump scoot around or hiccup or kick at her elder sibling and find myself amazed that in a couple weeks, I will get to see the 4th lady of my life for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment