Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Parking Wars

While I truly miss, and always will miss The Flying Dodgeman, since purchasing her replacement, the as-of-yet-unnamed Toyota 4Runner has proven to have a distinct advantage.



I would never have been able to pull this off with The Flying Dodgeman.  While the rear of the 1999 Dodge Intrepid was not nearly as large as that of the 1993 Dodge Intrepid that I learned to drive in, she still had a sizable trunk.

And then, yesterday:


Now, the resolution on this image is pretty atrocious.  The double-parked SUV there on the left is a Porsche Cayenne.  No, I do not know who owns it.  The important part, however, is that there is plenty of room between it and the SUV on the left of it.  There was no reason he needed to park that wide.

So, in case the owner is reading this, I have two observations.

#1.  Ownership of a Porsche does not entitle you to two parking spaces.  Incidentally, neither does ownership of a Bentley, BMV, or Lamborghini.

#2.  Even if it did, the Cayenne is not even a real Porsche anyway.  It is a CRV with a cooler logo.  I do not care what the dealer told you, real Porsches start with "9."

1 comment:

  1. Impressive parking skills there honey. Maybe they are people like me who have yet to learn to park their SUV.

    ReplyDelete