Friday, July 26, 2013

On our Fifth

Like a typical husband, I woke up this morning completely forgetting it is our five year anniversary.

Like a good husband, I prepared for this occasion by purchasing several anniversary cards in advance.

Like a classic husband, I apparently lost them.

I suppose I could plead that we're in the middle of a major move, but I would rather plead "Y chromosome."  There's a lot of truth to the stereotypes.

Normally, we would be planning a trip to The Garden Inn.  It just about never seems to work out to fall on our actual date, but it's been a more-or-less traditional site.  As has a return to the site of our first meal as a married couple, The Foglight Foodhouse.

I'm linking to those to try and throw them some business if anyone happens to stumble across my blog, since this year will be the first in a while that we won't be giving them our custom.  God alone knows when we'll be either place again.

Instead, our anniversary weekend will be spent packing for the fourth or so greatest adventure we've been on.  Right behind Dot, Lump, and marriage in general.  Right before Atlanta, Lazy beagle, Inbred beagle, move 2, move 1...well, let's just say there's been a few moments.

Still, the Beloved observed recently that no matter what we've done over the past 7-ish years, the only truly bad decisions are the ones that have involved us not being together.  So, bring on the adventure, and here's to another 5 years and a whole lot more after.

Now, time to pack up the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment